View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Episode 74: More Information about the Podcast 
for my freckles, your grace

Thanks to Dr. Augustine for joining us for this review of "What is Dead May Never Die."

You kicked so much ass that I feel like my job is now in jeopardy....ya bastard!

Head to this thread to suggest how we can properly utilize the APOIAF youtube page - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=985

Here is the pic I mentioned about getting my hands on Nedopak's box.....maester's box that is.

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:54 am
house clegane

I love what you guys did at the end of Episode 74, with the almost outake-like quality of the snippets of audio. Augustine was hilarious, and I hope you have him on again! He made some really great points about how you guys run your podcast compared to other podcasts. We're totally in it for the dick jokes, and to find out who has the coolest castle in Westeros!

I've tried to listen to other ASOIAF podcasts, and to give them a fair try...but nothing can beat you guys. You'll always hold the number one podcast spot in my heart (and loins, but who is counting?)

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:58 am
☑ guest host ♘

So, I'm a huge podcast slut and I listen to a ton of different ones...House Manwoody is definitely the original and still the best, but for me it is frankly just easier to get a variety of opinions and viewpoints by listening to podcasts than by reading a ton of different forums. I'm making an effort at actually reading these forums and commenting and such at the moment, but a lot of the time if I get really into forums it tends to distract from my "real life" kind of a lot...where I can listen to podcasts while working or driving or whatever, doing a lot of forum reading usually means I'm ignoring other stuff. So even though other podcasts aren't quite as excellent and/or hilariously vulgar, I appreciate the diversity of options out there.

That being said, while I totally see a lot of the complaints people have about some other podcasts (the Cast of Thrones endless requests to rate them on iTunes, etc.), the only one that truly drives me crazy is Boars, Gore, and Swords. They're comedians, and I feel like they just want a platform to show off how HILAAAAAAARIOUS they are, more than actually analyzing the series/show/whatever.

Anyway, just my two cents. Great episode!

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:02 am
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

zavrrr wrote:
That being said, while I totally see a lot of the complaints people have about some other podcasts (the Cast of Thrones endless requests to rate them on iTunes, etc.), the only one that truly drives me crazy is Boars, Gore, and Swords. They're comedians, and I feel like they just want a platform to show off how HILAAAAAAARIOUS they are, more than actually analyzing the series/show/whatever.

haha, BG&S was the podcast who called me "the asian chick" multiple times in their episodes.

it seems like several of the other productions request itunes reviews and respond to them frequently in their episodes. is that a thing that drives traffic? i wonder if having more reviews makes you more visible in the itunes store or something.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:00 am
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

mimi wrote:
it seems like several of the other productions request itunes reviews and respond to them frequently in their episodes. is that a thing that drives traffic? i wonder if having more reviews makes you more visible in the itunes store or something.

Alot of the non-asoiaf podcasts i listen too frequently request the itunes reviews also so I am guessing there is some kind of benefit from it.

I drink wine mainly for muscle definition.

Fantasy Football Team: Lots of Cunts
Lots of Cunts is a reference to the line the Hound says in the HBO series Game of Thrones and my general opinion of my fantasy team most days.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:05 am
house blackwoody lord paramount

The thing I always liked about APOIF, is that you guys, no matter what have such Passion. Its really good, and something lacking in others.

You guys always seem into each and every podcast and that shows in your works.

Count me as proud to be a Manwoody.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:28 pm
☑ guest host ♘

Yes, if you have more ratings and reviews on ITunes, then your name will show up first if someone searches for "Game of Thrones" or "Song of Ice and Fire" or whatever.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:14 pm
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

so proud. this is how i feel about all y'all:

i also want to dispel any notion of podcast wars. as often as i say "come at me, bro," i don't feel like there's a spirit of "who has the best asoiaf-related podcast" contest.

i did an itunes search for "a song of ice and fire." we're the top hit, out of a handful of other podcasts. did another search for "game of thrones." we're in the middle, out of about a thousand podcasts. pretty much cements what i have felt all along: we are not a GOT podcast. book nerds first, foremost, and forever.

every podcast has their hundreds of glowing itunes reviews, their dedicated listeners who say it's the best GOT podcast out of all the ones they've tried. and that's awesome for them. there's a niche for each type of podcast, and ours just happens to be shaped like a phallus.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
☁ podcast artist ☁

mimi wrote:
i also want to dispel any notion of podcast wars. as often as i say "come at me, bro," i don't feel like there's a spirit of "who has the best asoiaf-related podcast" contest.

What other ASOIAF-related podcast?

Its not just a podcast anymore, its become a community of nerds and comedy. It is leaves you with a great feeling as opposed to other podcats that just leave you wondering...

Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:52 pm
podcast doctor

Kyle wrote:
Thanks to Dr. Augustine for joining us for this review of "What is Dead May Never Die."

You kicked so much ass that I feel like my job is now in jeopardy....ya bastard!

thanks for having me bro. it was alot of fun and i'd recommend it to any of the fans of the podcast to get involved and give it a shot. I would also like to reassure listeners I was not paid in any way to gush over the podcast like a 15 yr old at a justin beiber concert, i was actually genuine in my sentiments regardless of how silly i sounded.

thanks again for having me on. Good times!

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:58 pm
☑ guest host ♘

mimi wrote:

haha, BG&S was the podcast who called me "the asian chick" multiple times in their episodes.

Ha, now I'm totally going to try and find that episode and listen to it =)

Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:04 pm
brotherhood without banners

Definitely my favorite podcast in a while. You guys (especially Augustine) said a lot of stuff that I've been feeling for a while now. In fact, it's pretty crazy how similar my experience was with discovering you guys. I found your series episode reviews around the same time I discovered Larry's videos.

Manwoody forever! :D

Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:14 pm

I think APOIF is due for a celebrity interview!

We had those RPG guys over last time, we should totally be able to get GRRM or Alfie Allen over skype, right?

Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:30 pm
team blacksmith

By vernerability alone, APOIAF easily deserves opportunities for Important Person Interviews. Perhaps the IPs in question are wary of your devotion to guest right, given a history of fallen trees and the fact that Amin only everseems to offer his guests booze and moon tea.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:12 pm

inkasrain wrote:
By vernerability alone, APOIAF easily deserves opportunities for Important Person Interviews. Perhaps the IPs in question are wary of your devotion to guest right, given a history of fallen trees and the fact that Amin only everseems to offer his guests booze and moon tea.

But they seem to forget that the traditional welcoming drinks of House Manwoody are indeed booze and moon tea. These northerners cannot grasp Dornish hospitality it seems.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:28 pm
☑ guest host ♘

I actually started listening when Larry recommended you on one of his reviews. By the time the series was over I had watched every episode, and my Pre-Dance craziness was in full swing so the forums were like super awesome because I could FINALLY talk to people other than the 3 people I knew who read the books. Like, I was really excited when I got a reply from Amin saying I could be a guest on the podcast (and then you know, I was terrible at it), I even remember re-listening to my audio clip I sent in like 3 or 4 times. You guys have such an intimate relationship with the listeners that TYPING THIS SENTENCE feels weird because I don't separate you guys in my head that way.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:52 pm
team blacksmith

Death_Sheep wrote:
inkasrain wrote:

But they seem to forget that the traditional welcoming drinks of House Manwoody are indeed booze and moon tea. These northerners cannot grasp Dornish hospitality it seems.

Yes, but they're wary of the booze lest they come to need the moon tea ;)

Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:53 am
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

haha, so much for no podcast wars. "dire donkeys > house manwoody"? really?

brb being absolutely horrendous.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:21 am
Profile WWW

mimi wrote:
haha, so much for no podcast wars. "dire donkeys > house manwoody"? really?

brb being absolutely horrendous.

Dire Donkeys? What?

Edit: Oh... cast of thrones. Hm.

Last edited by Death_Sheep on Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:28 am
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

cast of thrones fanboy.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:29 am
Profile WWW
☁ podcast artist ☁

mimi wrote:

FOR MANWOODY!!! :x

Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:35 am
house smallwoody lord

Cast of thrones - a four star podcast in Sweden? Not anymore, thanks to Kripplr da fanny whore.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:41 am
☑ guest host ♘

So, I did actually go back and listen to the BG&S where they mentioned APOIAF (although they also had you mixed up with Cast of Thrones a bit). I hadn't listened to any of their "book club" episodes, and I actually found them pretty interesting...they watched the show before reading the books, so it was different to hear the perspective of show fans reading the books and what they liked more/less. I had only ever heard it from the other perspective. So maybe I'll give them a bit more of a chance.

Either way, I don't really get why anyone would want to hate on any one particular podcast so strongly...different podcasts provide different perspectives, and if you aren't down with the dick-joke jamboree of House Manwoody, there's no reason to get all angry about it. Just listen to whichever one you like!

And I will listen to basically all of them, even though I don't like some as much as others.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:47 am
☑ guest host ♘

Also for what it's worth, it's pretty much impossible to run a multi-host podcast without SOMEONE taking a dominant voice.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:03 pm

Careless wrote:
Cast of thrones - a four star podcast in Sweden? Not anymore, thanks to Kripplr da fanny whore.

Indeed. The Manwoody remembers.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:18 pm
Site Admin

There will be people who give bad reviews, we can just hope our fans that do like us can share their input there as well.

By the way, how many pages of reviews do you seen on Itunes when you look at our podcast? I only see 2 pages of reviews (11 total, 10 on first page and 1 on second page) and I do not see some of these reviews, like this latest one.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:27 pm
Profile WWW

That's odd, I see 5 pages, 10 reviews on each page. I couldn't find the latest one either until I organized them by most recent.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:37 pm
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

i see 5 pages of reviews, i think 51 total?

Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
mrs. sandor clegane

Amin wrote:
There will be people who give bad reviews, we can just hope our fans that do like us can share their input there as well.

By the way, how many pages of reviews do you seen on Itunes when you look at our podcast? I only see 2 pages of reviews (11 total, 10 on first page and 1 on second page) and I do not see some of these reviews, like this latest one.

maybe it's a canadian thing because i only see 2 pages as well :|

Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:54 pm
house smallwoody lord

You only see the reviews and ratings posted from your own country. I can only see my own and some other Swedish dude's for example.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next