View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
APoIaF Host Statistics 
podcast historian

Update 2013-01-07: Newest numbers here: viewtopic.php?p=39474#p39474

Hi,
lately I had time to compile a quite interesting little statistic about which host was on which epsiode (taken from the first few minutes, the description and re-listening of specific parts). If I missed somebody in an episode, just point it out.

I wanted to include a PDF for download, it did not work - so its a pic now. Some things to the sheet:
  • X means Host / C means Call-In (everybody who is in the episode from start to end is "Host", independet if regular or guest-host, everybody who gets "pulled in" is a call)
  • I did not take the voice-mails into account. I took only who was LIVE on the show.
  • In the different columns the highest value(s) have always a green background, the lowest a red background.

Some highlights (Updated on 2012-05-07):
  • Number of episodes: 77 (or 76 depending how you count - I take 77, because 3a and 3b have different hosts)
  • Number of different people appearing on the show: 55
  • Maximum number of people in one show: 11 (Ep. 52) - Thats the one with Amin calling EVERYBODY
  • Maximum number of hosts without call-ins: 9 (Ep. 49 GirlsNO2)
  • Maximum number of hosts with call-ins: 11 (Ep. 52) including 6 regular hosts and 5 call-ins (that is also the episode with the most call-ins)
  • Minimum number of people in one show: 2 (Ep. 51), in ep.66 also only 2 regulars appear, but they are joined by a called-guest in the aftershow - Kyle was in both
  • Official hosts with most appearances: Mimi with 64 that is 83.1% followed by Amin/59/76.6%, Ashley/47/61.0%, Nancy and Kyle with both 34/44.2%
  • Official host with least appearances: Ben with 3 thats 3.9%
  • Guest host(s) with most appearances: Apocalypse Dan, Elio and Christina with 6 followed by Larry with 4
  • The most prominent names you had on the podcast: FaBio + Marko + Phil (WiC), Elio + Linda (Westeros), Alex (TotH), Larry (Otaku) Robb + Sam + Dany + Jon ( ;) )
  • The longest episode was 03 hours 12 minutes (ep. 44), the shortest only 23 minutes (ep.11).
  • In average an episode is 01:33 min long.
  • All episodes together would be at the moment (after 77 episodes) 7172 min or 4.98 days long.
  • The longest hiatus was 266 days (between ep. 32/33) - the shortest 0 days (between ep.21/22, ep.26/27, ep.43/44, ep.57/58

Enjoy.

Attachments:
APoIaF_Hosts_Statistics_V3.png [198.22 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
APoIaF_Hosts_Statistics_V2.png [76.95 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Last edited by brynden on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:26 am, edited 9 times in total.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:43 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Great work, worthy of being appointed the Podcast historian for this and your work on the best of project 8-) Wow, I did not know we had that many guest hosts!

Ben's numbers make sense, after all he only recently came out of coma. His dendrophobia recovery sessions make it difficult to schedule a guest host appearance.

Episode 52 was fun, getting all those people in the call. Episode 52 was also one of our most controversial episodes (in particular the Christina "intimidation", the Winter is Coming backlash and our fans' defense of the podcast - House Manwoody calling its banners!)... And people thought the rage in ep 75 was pushing the limit :lol:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:23 am
Profile WWW
podcast historian

Poor Ben!

Amin wrote:
Great work, worthy of being appointed the Podcast historian for this and your work on the best of project 8-) Wow, I did not know we had that many guest hosts!

Oh I love my new title. You know, the "Best of project" triggered the idea of doing this, I wondered how many different people are willing to broadcast their dickjokes on the web ;) It was not that much work, I only had to listen (most times) for 1-4 minutes into the episodes. Some were more difficult (the call-in / famous ep52) and one was confusing (in one description Sebastian is mentioned, but I could not hear him the whole episode so he did not got his "X").

Two additional cool facts (one is already edited into the first post):
- You had Robb, Sam, Dany and Jon on the podcast! :)
- You had Marko, Fabio AND Phil of WiC, besides Elio, Linda of Westeros and Alex of TotH on the show. So by far the most of the "most important people in the ASoIaF-fandom".

Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:39 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

In my personal opinion, for a long time, the general rule was that an episode lacking Mimi would be one of our weaker episodes (The Guys Night Out episodes being the exceptions). I think that is no longer the truth: there is enough history and chemistry among the 4 hosts to produce a strong episode with 2 + a guest host (of course having all 4 is the best).

What is also of interest is that there was only one episode lacking both Amin and Mimi: episode 11. I don't remember what was discussed at all but looking at it seems to be the shortest episode ever - 23 minutes??

Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:41 am
Profile WWW
☁ podcast art manager ☁

The episode description says:

Episode 11 for the week of June the 29th, in which we discuss delays, raptors, books that aren’t A Song of Ice and Fire, and our irrational fears.

So yeah... I can see why it would have gone for only 23 minutes. :p

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:01 am
Site Admin

Sounds like something that should have been thrown in with our batch of "lost episodes" or appended into the next show's after-show :? . I think that in spirit the Mimi and/or Amin attendance record still stands :ugeek:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:12 am
Profile WWW
☁ podcast art manager ☁

Haha that's the right of the hosts to decide.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:14 am
podcast fanatics ☺

Amin wrote:
In my personal opinion, for a long time, the general rule was that an episode lacking Mimi would be one of our weaker episodes (The Guys Night Out episodes being the exceptions). I think that is no longer the truth: there is enough history and chemistry among the 4 hosts to produce a strong episode with 2 + a guest host (of course having all 4 is the best).

Definitely have enough chemistry now. I like FaBio, Elio and all them, but I like when you guys have random people from the forums on. It's kind of cool to here from the rest of the community (outside of the forums). You can be expecting a submission for a guess host spot to come from me in a month or two. :D

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:17 am
podcast historian

Found a way to extract lengths and publishing-dates from iTunes, updated my first post.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:33 am
Profile WWW
littlefingerlick.gif

Nice stuff, brynden. Your award... Littlefinger ;)

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:44 am
☁ podcast art manager ☁

Haha Kyle needs only 1 more episode to equally Nancy, and two more to beat her. Come on Kyle, you can do it!

Wow 4 days to listen to all of it... I thought I was good listening to 3 a day to catch up! Phewth.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:44 am
team stannis

Awesome stuff brynden. You have earned the Woody link in your chain.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:52 am
☑ guest host ♘

Wow. I don't even remember being in 6 episodes... should I blame alcohol blackout? :lol:
Of course, that was probably the reason why I was so "intimidated" - how dare the podcast take advantage of my inebriated state? :o

Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:00 am
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

K1NGSLAYER wrote:
Nice stuff, brynden. Your award... Littlefinger ;)

i literally laugh every time i see one of your posts. i love you so much it's ridiculous.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:45 pm
Profile WWW
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

brynden. holy shit, man. you deserve so many lemoncakes for compiling this, i don't even.

when we get the APOIAF t-shirts off the ground, you should PM me your mailing address.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Amin wrote:
In my personal opinion, for a long time, the general rule was that an episode lacking Mimi would be one of our weaker episodes (The Guys Night Out episodes being the exceptions)

TIME FOR A FAVORITE HOST VERSION 2 POLL.

i'm voting for ashley.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:47 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

mimi wrote:
Amin wrote:
In my personal opinion, for a long time, the general rule was that an episode lacking Mimi would be one of our weaker episodes (The Guys Night Out episodes being the exceptions)

i'm voting for ashley.

I wouldn't mind having one of those actually. We all know you'ld win, but I would look forward to people's posts on why a particular host is their favourite -which hopefully they would provide, rather than just filling the poll and moving on.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:23 pm
Profile WWW
house stark

What's the metal to be used for the 'Holy podcast statistics!' maester achievement? Can you make a link out of internets??

Well done.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:59 pm
podcast historian

Thanks everybody. Its just a little bit to give you your efforts keeping this up here back and it took me not very long.

A favorite host-poll would be VERY difficult. Especially if I have to point out why I vote for anybody. You could have also a "favorite guest host with multiple apperances"-poll ;) I really don't know how I would vote in both of them.

@rpawson: FTWard proposed the "Woody"-link.

btw: Amin pointed out to me that I overlooked Ashley (who well deserves the third place) in my post. Sorry Ashley! So the host ranking is: Mimi/Amin/Ashley/Nancy/Kyle. Numbers included in the first post.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
for my freckles, your grace

jesicka309 wrote:
Haha Kyle needs only 1 more episode to equally Nancy, and two more to beat her. Come on Kyle, you can do it!

Nancy's going down!

Love ya Nancy.

but you're going down!

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:46 am
Site Admin

Yea Kyle seems destined to overtake Nancy's record 8-) .... How tragic would it be if a tree were to strike before then :o

Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:16 am
Profile WWW
podcast historian

Go Kyle.
(I suppose Amin wants to draw our attention on Kyle while he is already in negiotiation with the Sorrowful and Faceless Man to get the first spot)

I found already another error in the statistics: Kyle and Amin called in the ep. 66 "Guys Night In"-aftershow a listener named "Noah".

He should be also in there, so we already heared (at least) 52 'hosts'. Sorry Noah. That also changes the number of episodes with only 2 hosts to one - the late night talk of Mimi and Kyle in ep. 52 "Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things".

I will update this all (also in the first post) when I have time to make a new sheet. Otherwise sheet and post would not fit.

I hope Noah does not call Arya now... 8-)

Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:28 am
Profile WWW
podcast doctor

Amin wrote:
mimi wrote:
Amin wrote:

i'm voting for ashley.

I wouldn't mind having one of those actually. We all know you'ld win, but I would look forward to people's posts on why a particular host is their favourite -which hopefully they would provide, rather than just filling the poll and moving on.

alternatively we could have a 'constructive criticism/praise' poll for each individual host, which would force the community to specify the good points and points to improve upon for each host

Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:56 am

Not sure if it counts, but I was in Guys Night Out V3. I just showed up a little late.

www.MADCANARD.com

Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:03 pm
Site Admin

Kyle wrote:
Not sure if it counts, but I was in Guys Night Out V3. I just showed up a little late.

Were you in that? I think you were still reading the book at the time. You did come in late for another show around that time though - the call in one I think

Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:35 pm
Profile WWW

Amin wrote:
Kyle wrote:

Were you in that? I think you were still reading the book at the time. You did come in late for another show around that time though - the call in one I think

Which ever the latest guys night out is. Have we done 4 already?

www.MADCANARD.com

Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:10 pm
littlefingerlick.gif

mimi wrote:
i literally laugh every time i see one of your posts. i love you so much it's ridiculous.

My life is now a success :)

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:18 pm
podcast historian

Kyle wrote:
Amin wrote:
Kyle wrote:

Which ever the latest guys night out is. Have we done 4 already?

hi kyle - pretty sure that was in number 4. the info of gno4 also says "kyle comes in late, commanding the rear guard". in gno3 only amin and dan did hold the blackwoody banners up. if i remember correctly.

but 'll check that when i have time again. this weekend is VEEERY busy - thats why i also vote on my favorite host sonnest on wednesday - until then i can thinka about that...

the new (and final) version of the stats is already planned (i will update it periodically for sure ;) )

Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:01 am
Profile WWW

Oh no I wasn't in 3 then. I thought the last one we did was V3. I didn't realize there were 4 of em already. Shows how much I pay attention. Haha.

www.MADCANARD.com

Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:41 am
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

....i have a lot of episodes to go back and revisit.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next