View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Favorite Host: Version 2 

who is your favorite host? (feel free to add more details with comments)
Mimi MongoQueen-HotEnoughToMeltTheWall 30%  30%  [ 106 ]
Amin-Canadian Sex Appeal 28%  28%  [ 100 ]
Ashley-GreenHair?PinkHair?SheCanCosplayMeAnyDay 19%  19%  [ 66 ]
Kyle-He'sSoooooDreamyCheekBonesLikeCersei 23%  23%  [ 82 ]
Total votes : 354

Favorite Host: Version 2 
podcast doctor

Ladies and Gents of House Manwoody, the time has come for our favorite gameshow: Name that Fav. Host Round Deux. Disclaimer: We love all our hosts all are wonderful in their own way. this poll is meant for fun and constructive feedback for our hosts and the podcast.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:04 am
podcast doctor

I'll get the ball rolling on detailed comments from voters on why a particular host is their favorite by posting some of my favorite aspects of each host:

Mimi - what can we say? the charm, the wittiness, the sarcasm, the 'dont give a fuck' attitude, we love it all. she's the dream for any non-asian with an asian fetish, and a proud representative for those of us who are asian. easily the queen of the podcasts, easily hot enough to melt the wall, and Keeps It Real 100% of the time. Mimi embodies the 'street credibility' of the podcast. Cleavage shots on Facebook dont hurt either lol. :lol:

Amin- a calm cool head for the podcast. boy does his homework and it provides a solid foundation for the podcast's 'shocking lack of knowledge'. he reps us well when guest hosting or appearing on other ASOIAF media. has a nice Canadian rationale about him that helps balance out some of the fire from the other hosts. the headband led to one of the greatest lines from Half-Korean Christina. Amin provides a solid, logical center for the podcast.

Ashley- Pretty Damn cute with pink hair! she has a very innocent, calm voice to her, and then blows us the fuck away with 'nips mcgee'. ashley is great, she provides a heroic, rational voice for all San/San lovers out there, and knows how to hold her own in any ASOIAF discussion. Another calm canadian voice that adds balance to mimi's table flips, but also knows how to voice her own passionate complaints/compliments when appropriate

Kyle- More than just a pretty face, the man as the voice of a radio-broadcaster as well. knows how to voice his passion as evidenced by the yell-fest vs. mimi on episode 73. most of the time however adds a disarming, friendly, professional voice to the podcast. kyle also knows how to fuck around/joke around; the back and forth between him and mimi is pretty entertaining. if 60 minutes ever did an indepth report on House Manwoody, Kyle would be a good front man to represent. We're glad to have him before he makes is big as an superstar actor in LA.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:31 am
team stannis

As I said in my original "introduce yourself" post. "My name is Thomas and I am an Aminiac..." But like Rhaegar before me, I have been reading ancient scrolls, looking at pics of grrls with green hair and strongly considering leaving my wife and abducting a Northern maiden and have come to realize that Ashley is the princess that was promised, and hers is the song of ice and fire. She is both super cool and wicked hot. Now I totally respect how Mimi never wavers in her opinions and that Kyle hates Watchmen and loves Nickleback and the Patriots but I am all about ...

Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:03 am
★wardens of the woody★

We need a side poll for favourite all time guest. Elio and Linda are clearly awesome but for all out APOIAF entertainment my vote would be for Larry. We need more Larry!

Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:55 pm
for my freckles, your grace

Hahahaha! You guys are ridiculous. It is certainly the highlight of my day to come here and see what you've all been up to.

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:59 pm
littlefingerlick.gif

I don't know if I could pick a favourite host... I'll have to think on it for a bit.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:17 pm
house micro-woody☹

I absolutely love all of the hosts, it's really hard to pick a favorite but I go with Ashley for #1. :D

Mimi - I fucking love Mimi. She's obviously the "it" factor of this podcast. She's hilarious and awesome and sexy, no matter if she has manwoody's for teenage boys haha. I've never heard such a well spoken person before, it blows my mind how smart she is. You can't help but pay attention 100% to everything that comes out of her mouth. The podcast definitely wouldn't be as great as it is if she wasn't in it. I'll never forget the podcast episode where she talked about drawing naked women and writing the word "racy" all over them. I've never laughed so hard in my fucking life. Mimi deserves to be more recognized in the ASoIaF world (like Elio & Linda), she really is hot enough to melt the wall.

Ashley - Ashley is my favorite. I love hearing her opinions and she's so nice and respectful of everyone else's opinions. I notice that a lot of the times, she's the one who says the most logical things, she knows what's up. Also, her voice is really comforting lol and I love that she is such a die-hard fan for SanSan because it sets her apart from everyone else in the podcast, she's the true fangirl and looks beautiful in cosplay I must say! I wish I could pull off cosplay as well as her, damn. Idk, Ashley is just perfect, I get really bummed out when she's not in an episode. :lol:

Amin - Omg Amin, I don't even know what to say about Amin, he's just basically a god. He looks badass in those shades on the website 8-) He seems like a really smart guy and a true gentlemen. All his theories crack me up. I wonder what in the world he does on a daily basis, he seems like he leads some crazy secret agent life, I don't even know haha. He's a character.

Kyle - lol Kyle is hot. I enjoy his weirdness and him constantly yelling "yeah!" in almost every single podcast episode, it's hilarious. I love how he's not as much of a book-purist as Mimi, because it's nice to have at least one person on the podcast who doesn't criticize Game of Thrones for not sticking entirely to the books. He just seems to enjoy anything related to ASoIaF, and it's refreshing. He seems like a fun guy to hang out with. And I don't know why he hasn't landed a big movie role yet. ;)

This is such a great podcast guys, thanks for being such awesome podcast hosts! Never stop!!!!

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:02 pm
podcast doctor

SandraXo2X wrote:

Amin - I wonder what in the world he does on a daily basis, he seems like he leads some crazy secret agent life, I don't even know haha. He's a character.

this could be expanded into a whole podcast-ism. "what in the world is a day in the life like for Amin?". this question gets more complex when you factor in this mysterious "Group" that he watches GOTs with every Sunday..... just who exactly is in this group amin? I personally picture a "group" of canadian vampires wearing sunglasses and watching GOTs bc they accidentally got hooked on it after it randomly aired after a True Blood episode.

So Amin, if that's your real name, are canadian vampires more polite than american ones? do they all disguise themselves with headbands by day to pass off as normal people?

disclaimer: I can't confirm or deny my level of inebriation at the moment of typing this post....... :mrgreen:

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:44 pm
house micro-woody☹

Haha Amin should just run for president :lol:

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:35 am
☁ podcast artist ☁

I vote Arron...oh wait current hosts..I vote Ashley because she came up with Blackwoody.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:33 pm
house micro-woody☹

Personally I think you all should battle to the death for our approval (hunger games style).

"Your the disease, and I'm the cure!"
-Sylvester Stalone (Cobra [1986])

Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:07 am
Profile WWW
for my freckles, your grace

aaroneus wrote:
Personally I think you all should battle to the death for our approval (hunger games style).

Mimi has been stockpiling knives for just such an event.

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:22 am
house tyrell

Phwoar, check out the savoir faire on that lot. And no jerks. And hardly ever an accusation of circle jerkage, either. Add the magic of editing, and the result is more distilled-ly interesting than I'd normally see in a free-for-all discussion.

Oh, and I voted for Amin, because the word 'versatility' popped into my head at the crucial moment.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:27 am
maesters of the citadel

I refuse to vote. Thats like asking i parent to pick a favorite child.

I would like to add that Mimi and Kyle should have a baby for the sake of mankind. That would make the most clever, funny and sexy baby ever, it would be the peak of human evolution. (ehm... when old enough for sexy to be appropriate)

Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:39 am
podcast fanatics ☺

Belwas wrote:
(ehm... when old enough for sexy to be appropriate)

I'm pretty sure they're both in their mid 20's. ;)

Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:43 am
maesters of the citadel

Exodus wrote:
Belwas wrote:
(ehm... when old enough for sexy to be appropriate)

I'm pretty sure they're both in their mid 20's. ;)

That was referring to "sexy baby"

Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:03 am
podcast fanatics ☺

Belwas wrote:

I concur, Belwas... Voting makes me feel like a bad person although I know feeling that way is almost completely ridiculous. Here is my rundown of the gallery of rogues, in no particular order :)

MIMI
Mimi's like the founder, right? Without her, there'd have been no APOIAF to start off with. For that alone, she has earned my eternal gratitude. But her awesomeness doesn't just end there. Mimi's smart, funny as hell and full of weird little surprises. The weird little surprises also include how people react to her. For example, the RACY drawings for the former and for the latter, a Marine claiming that he loves the Podcast but also that Mimi terrifies him. It's somewhere in the reviews, I think. And substituting Psyduck for Tyrion cuz all we need to tell the Imp by are his mismatched eyes. Mimi is a real force of personality and I especially enjoy her bickering with anybody. I also like how she takes unfair criticisms on the podcast and turns them into badges of honour (TM). Mimi brightens my day up like crazy.

AMIN
Amin is good at dropping the knowledge, keeping the podcast on topic and for coming up with theories from the far side of the left field. When he represents the podcast (whether at the Round Table or B.L.A.H.) he makes House Manwoody seem almost normal, even scholarly. But the larger public is probably unaware of the fact that Amin is also the creator behind theories such as the Feathered Hat theory, the Heir to the Iron Islands theories and so many others that Mimi once jested that the podcast should be renamed to "Amin's Ice and Fire Sex Theories". Amin is also kind of mysterious, but I won't compare him to Darkstar cuz honestly, Darkstar seems kind of douchey. And Amin's a pretty swell guy even though he wears that Evil Headband, which may or may not possess the ability to convert into a makeshift bra (best worn on sunny islands).

ASHLEY
I have this fangirl aversion thing but I do like Ashley a whole lot. As linecom1 mentioned, Ashley's actually pretty rational. She never lets her obsessions develop into squealing marathons when discussing things on the podcast, even if said things include dick jokes. I like that even when it comes to things she's crazy about, she keeps her head cool. Case in point is when she weighed in (on the forums, I think), during the tumblr war where some misguided fans were arguing over which Stark child suffered more. She also has kind of a cute laugh.

KYLE
Kyle is one of the nicest people on the podcast. Maybe that's how he gets away with his creepy behaviour. I mean, it's not creepy when he does it, but you bet it will be if I did it. I enjoy his strange, random remarks which run the gamut from "aww yeaahhhh" after something totally inappropriate to "Bow chick bow wowww". I also enjoy the strange connection he has with Mimi, they would be naturals if they did stand up or improv comedy together with dick jokes as the main bulk of their act. Dirty jokes aside, I do enjoy listening to him talk and his obvious dedication to the podcast. Getting GRRM's signature, braving his tastebuds for the stuff from the food truck. I watched his whole Late Reactions to aDwD on Youtube :D

---

CHASE
Chase is awesome. I don't even mind Mark Addy's hair colour at all but IDK. I think every chill place needs a well-meaning sweatpants-wearing grouch/grinch/Dolorous Edd. I just enjoy listening to the man's voice. One of my favorite things about this podcast is listening to him bicker with Mimi. I think it's hilarious. One of the highlights of all time on APOIAF, for me personally, was when Mimi's insistence that his beard was interfering with the podcast's audio quality that he shaved it live. Come to think of it, I love all the impressions he does too. I think he does The Hound especially well. I still wonder what Chase is up to today. I wish he were still with us, or somehow contactable.

CHRISTINA
I love listening to her. She has a unique voice, drunk or sober :P Never a dull motion with Christina around! Plus I think she's studying something pretty cool. Unless she has graduated, then I'd say she has a pretty cool job.

CHRIS
I only wanted to say that he sounds like Raphael Sbarge's evil twin.

LARRY
Larry's enthusiasm and fresh-faced love for the GoT universe is like the anti-thesis of Chase's grim certainty that the series is likely going down the tubes. I love Chase and I love Larry too. It's impossible to not like Larry, especially if you've seen his live reaction vid to Baelor. I really respect him for putting it out there. I also like that he thinks quite a bit on the show and probably has clearer sense of things about it than I do. He's always fun to have around.

Apocalypse Dan
Bringing the knowledge is what he does. Plus, he's always concise and logical with his arguments. Apocalypse Dan really shone during the Dance with Dragons episode. I'd love for A. Dan to show up more often on the podcast!!

P.S. Sorry I totally forgot to add Apocalypse Dan until now -_-

Twitter: vaarsuvius_

Last edited by Dickon Manwoody on Mon May 07, 2012 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:07 am
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Belwas wrote:

I would like to add that Mimi and Kyle should have a baby for the sake of mankind. That would make the most clever, funny and sexy baby ever, it would be the peak of human evolution. (ehm... when old enough for sexy to be appropriate)

LOL NOPE.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
podcast doctor

mimi wrote:
Belwas wrote:

LOL NOPE.

where are the mongolian spots???

Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:42 pm
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

those are gonna be on our baby, augustine.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:43 pm
Profile WWW
podcast doctor

mimi wrote:

yayy we made a white girl!!! did our asian genes nullify each other out? lol.......martin genetics aint got nuthin on this:

Attachments:
Capture1ab.png [247.01 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Last edited by linecom1 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:31 pm
house smallwoody mongoballer

Canada and sex are two words that never mix

Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:54 pm
maesters of the citadel

linecom1 wrote:
mimi wrote:

yayy we made a white girl!!! did our asian genes nullify each other out? lol.......martin genetics aint got nuthin on this:

Attachment:
Capture1ab.png

I lol'ed :D

Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:33 pm
podcast convert

Lord Yellow Snow wrote:
Wrong! Sex and Canada go hand in hand. We need to keep warm, up here in our igloos.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:11 pm
house smallwoody mongoballer

Lex wrote:
Lord Yellow Snow wrote:
Wrong! Sex and Canada go hand in hand. We need to keep warm, up here in our igloos.

all Canadians think about is hockey, all American think about is sex - Lewis Skolnick (Revenge of the Nerds -Mexico edition)

FACTS: Birth rate
CAN - 10.28 /1,000
USA - 13.68 / 1,000
USA WINNER

Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:31 pm
house manwoody mongoballer

HAHAHHAHAHA THAT PATHETIC BABY IS NOT THE TRUE HEIR

HIS IS NOT THE SONG OF HEADBAND AND COOLSHADES

MAPLESYRUP IS COMING.

He kept his face clean-shaven, but his thick hair fell to his collar like a valyrian mudslide, divided by a streak of gristle.His eyes seemed black as he sat outlined against the dying sun, sharpening his steel, but she had looked at them from a closer vantage and she knew that they were purple. Dark purple. Dark and angry. By tradition the Targaryens were the finest bakers in all the Seven Kingdoms... but Hotpie was Hotpie. - pg 237, A Rasher Of Bacon

Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:34 pm
Profile WWW
podcast fanatics ☺

This thread is, like all good threads down here, getting slightly disturbing :B

Twitter: vaarsuvius_

Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:53 pm
littlefingerlick.gif

Dickon Manwoody wrote:
This thread is, like all good threads down here, getting slightly disturbing :B

Quoted for truth 8-)

And to get my post count up ;)

Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:47 am
podcast doctor

just about 50 votes in, and its basically a pretty balanced race all the way through, i think if anything this shows how each of the four hosts are appreciated by House Manwoody as a whole.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:27 pm
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

i'm gonna have to fight kyle for the title.

Tue May 01, 2012 7:04 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 125 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next