View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Podcast Listener/Fan Banner? 
Site Admin

I was thinking it would be cool if there was an official (or several official) 'podcast listener banner' (banner showing you listen to/are a fan of A Podcast of Ice and Fire), using our current logo theme most likely but open to other options (perhaps with feathered hats, door hinges, etc floating around). One which our listeners can wear with pride in their forum signatures at other forums. We were thinking of designing it, but since there has already been so much useful listener help with designing stuff for the BOK podcast, I thought it would be cool to open up the floor for art submissions here (which will make it into our gallery even if not selected in the end).

Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:23 pm
Profile WWW
house manwoody mongoballer

maybe too elaborate, but I had a wild 80's metal album coveresque vision of the robed, crowned skeleton of house manwoody (with fucking awesome 80's rayban shades) creaking and peeking ever so slightly through a door (that perhaps he's not supposed to) and the band name with ridiculously awesome panty-melting font blares out the band name

"BLACKWOODY"

But yeah, maybe a valyrian steel sword, with the manwoody skull reflecting off the blade? a house blackwoody/manwoody phrase below or above and the address or whatnot-

edit: might work better as a shop of the previous images , but I could draw something up .. not too busy today

He kept his face clean-shaven, but his thick hair fell to his collar like a valyrian mudslide, divided by a streak of gristle.His eyes seemed black as he sat outlined against the dying sun, sharpening his steel, but she had looked at them from a closer vantage and she knew that they were purple. Dark purple. Dark and angry. By tradition the Targaryens were the finest bakers in all the Seven Kingdoms... but Hotpie was Hotpie. - pg 237, A Rasher Of Bacon

Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:28 pm
Profile WWW

Hmm, rough idea but there's something... along those lines XD...

I was also thinking, might be cool to have like.. the manwoody skull guy in front or sitting in a chair, or the heraldry in front and center, and behind it a texture of a bunch of other coat of arms that are all representative of the apoiaf theories.

I have no clue how to visually represent whatever a mongoballer is, is that Ghengis breaking the backboard? a Meatball that mounts the world? :geek:
but yeah on the simple route I think a collection of shields that represent the theories would be pretty neat. Feathered hat, Red Walder, Fake-Jeyne, House Blackwoody, and other stuff like shadow-contraceptives, shocking lack of knowledge (if only there could be a maester's link solely for that XD, but a hard idea to illustrate in symbol) bastards of kingsgrave skull w/ feathered hat, a short lion with a catcher's mitt, a ghostly cow... but yeah :lol:

He kept his face clean-shaven, but his thick hair fell to his collar like a valyrian mudslide, divided by a streak of gristle.His eyes seemed black as he sat outlined against the dying sun, sharpening his steel, but she had looked at them from a closer vantage and she knew that they were purple. Dark purple. Dark and angry. By tradition the Targaryens were the finest bakers in all the Seven Kingdoms... but Hotpie was Hotpie. - pg 237, A Rasher Of Bacon

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:26 pm
Profile WWW

oh oops forgot the second one, but yeah , maybe this could lead into an idea? I think it'd be fun if people could
draw some arms like in the Let's Draw projects?

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
house tinywoody

What is the sword of House Manwoody called? Crevasse Finder? And what does the castle look like?

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:12 pm

That's true, there was an old thread about that... I wonder if it was ever decided on

Anywho I think "Size Queen" would make a lovely name :lol: , the Castle I assume is a giant 55 cadillac on hydraulics.. no i have no clue LOL

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:20 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

PieWhoWasPromised wrote:

Very impressive art skills there! Definitely going up into our facebook photo gallery, if you don't mind? Deviant art as well, if you don't have a dev-art account.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
☁ podcast artist ☁

god damn PieWhoWasPromised! O_O Your animation background is showing! Amazing!
Would love to see fanart from you. The podcast needs moar!

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:27 pm
podcast historian

That looks like something from a metal-band. I like it.
Maybe a skeleton with a crown on the iron throne...

I wish I could draw like this.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:01 am
Profile WWW

vietrose wrote:

Thanks you 8I. I've a few ASOIAF fanarts over here http://dragoninstall.deviantart.com/, I'll try to think
up something witty for APOIAF sometime but It has crossed my mind. Maybe I'll cosplay as Mimi for instance

Ah yeah the Manwoody skelly on the throne would make for a pretty badass picture. A throne made out of dragonfire-fused x-boxlive headset and
microphones taken from conquered podcasts .. no.. that's too much..
:lol:

Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:39 am
Profile WWW
☑ bastards of kingsgrave guest host ♞

PieWhoWasPromised wrote:

So bad ass.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:18 am
podcast fanatics ☺

PieWhoWasPromised wrote:

Hmm, rough idea but there's something... along those lines XD...

I was also thinking, might be cool to have like.. the manwoody skull guy in front or sitting in a chair, or the heraldry in front and center, and behind it a texture of a bunch of other coat of arms that are all representative of the apoiaf theories.

I have no clue how to visually represent whatever a mongoballer is, is that Ghengis breaking the backboard? a Meatball that mounts the world? :geek:
but yeah on the simple route I think a collection of shields that represent the theories would be pretty neat. Feathered hat, Red Walder, Fake-Jeyne, House Blackwoody, and other stuff like shadow-contraceptives, shocking lack of knowledge (if only there could be a maester's link solely for that XD, but a hard idea to illustrate in symbol) bastards of kingsgrave skull w/ feathered hat, a short lion with a catcher's mitt, a ghostly cow... but yeah :lol:

Where is the "like" button when you need it?

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:20 pm
brotherhood without banners

PieWhoWasPromised wrote:
vietrose wrote:

Thanks you 8I. I've a few ASOIAF fanarts over here http://dragoninstall.deviantart.com/, I'll try to think
up something witty for APOIAF sometime but It has crossed my mind. Maybe I'll cosplay as Mimi for instance

Ah yeah the Manwoody skelly on the throne would make for a pretty badass picture. A throne made out of dragonfire-fused x-boxlive headset and
microphones taken from conquered podcasts .. no.. that's too much..
:lol:

Pie!! I just checked out your DeviantArt page... God damn, man! We should chat! I work in animation/illustraton, so, ahem, good work chap!

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:58 am
Profile WWW

Oh bah---- but yes thanks haha, well, I'm around usually so whenever - yep.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:15 am
Profile WWW
for my freckles, your grace

Damn this is still so badass.

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:04 pm
Site Admin

Amazing work!

Attachments:
blackwoody_png.png [1013.38 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:38 am
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

I want it

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:13 pm
podcast fanatics ☺

Good job, Lord Pie! You put a lot of work into this.
I totally snagged this and filed away so that I can have it as my sig if I ever venture out of this here forums. And if not, I can still open it up and stare at it whenever I want to!

Twitter: vaarsuvius_

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:14 pm
podcast historian

I wish I could paint like that...

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:59 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]