View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Censorship on the Podcast? 
☁ podcast art manager ☁

I've decided to relisten to the older episodes (mostly out of boredom at work :() but I noticed that some of the episode titles on the Download page and the main page have changed.

Episode Two: Blowing our Load is now listed as Episode Two: BOL

Episode Eighteen: Lesbians and Dongs (?) is now listed as Episode Eighteen: L & D

Now, we all know that Brotherhood Without Manners hasn't always been the most politically correct, but it has cleaned up in the last twenty or so episodes. I was just wondering why these two episodes were retroactively changed? Did you guys get in trouble or something?

Not that I'm complaining, I'm just hoping that this isn't a sign of a totally clean podcast future. We like the base humour here. :)

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:46 pm
podcast doctor

thats impossible, the podcast has no sponsorships. so who would they get in trouble from?? mimi's dad? naw.......i bet if anything its just that someone had the reload or retype the titles or something and it was meant as a time saver

Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:32 am
☁ podcast art manager ☁

It just seemed unusual that it was the two episodes that had sexually explicit titles. All the other titles are in full.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:38 am
podcast convert

Maybe it has something to do with iTunes?

Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:39 am
podcast doctor

hmmmmmm never thought of itunes........maybe it is strange tho

Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:26 am
☑ guest host ♘

I'm pretty sure it's itunes, I don't think they allow profanity, could be wrong, I think maybe only mimi knows...

Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:34 am
Site Admin

Ya I abbreviated those titles recently (on the download page) for 2 reasons. One was I was trying everything possible to get the feed to work on iTunes with that whole fiasco (and it seems like it still is not working properly... :x ) and thought some dbag had reported us or something. Second, I was submitting the podcast site including download page to a lot of different places and people for potential guest hosting and interviews (some coming up this month) and thought why not abbreviate the titles (same title but abbreviated). I suspected some people who accepted the podcast then refused later probably saw the titles and had second thoughts. Once they actually guest host with us it is too late for them to refuse what they've gotten themselves into :mrgreen:

Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:16 am
Profile WWW
☁ podcast artist ☁

On the Canadian edition of the itunes store I can only see the most recent 27 episodes. WTF?

http://www.twitter.com/Azad_Injejikian

Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:07 am
Profile WWW
podcast historian

Cubicz wrote:
On the Canadian edition of the itunes store I can only see the most recent 27 episodes. WTF?

Tat is also because of amin's struggle with iTunes. It did not want to include the huge RSS-feed or something like that. So he reduced the episodes.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:31 am
Profile WWW
☁ podcast art manager ☁

Amin wrote:
Ya I abbreviated those titles recently (on the download page) for 2 reasons. One was I was trying everything possible to get the feed to work on iTunes with that whole fiasco (and it seems like it still is not working properly... :x ) and thought some dbag had reported us or something. Second, I was submitting the podcast site including download page to a lot of different places and people for potential guest hosting and interviews (some coming up this month) and thought why not abbreviate the titles (same title but abbreviated). I suspected some people who accepted the podcast then refused later probably saw the titles and had second thoughts. Once they actually guest host with us it is too late for them to refuse what they've gotten themselves into :mrgreen:

That makes sense. I was just wondering, as when I clicked on BOL I had no idea what it was, and it was when Mimi said 'blowing our loads' that I suddenly realised what it stood for. :oops:

If it gets you more high profile guest hosts, then it's been worth it. However, if they are prudish enough not to enjoy the base humour here...they are in for a shock. :twisted:

Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]