View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ] 
I Miss Chase 
house clegane

The forever aloneness. The keeping it real. The alternatively epic and sarcastic chapter summaries. The constant grumpiness. The 4chan. The excerpt readings in compelling radio voice. The mental image of sweatpants + neckbeard + legalize it.

I miss Chase.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:21 pm
podcast fanatics ☺

oh me too! I created a thread about this sometime back

http://podcastoficeandfire.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=702&hilit=fate%2C+chase

I do love the man. I know he prolly doesn't hang out here anymore but if any of the hosts still has a line to the guy, I wish they'd tell him how much he's missed by the likes of you and I.

the time when he shaved his beard during the recording surely qualifies as one of the most epic moments in APOIAF history!

Twitter: vaarsuvius_

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:58 pm
☁ podcast art manager ☁

I don't know. I like the current line up we have - they work well together, and they're all in it for the long haul.

I don't think it's fair to Mimi, Amin, Ashley, and Kyle who are still putting in so much of their time, effort and money to this podcast, to keep going on about the ex-hosts. They've chosen to move on, and that's that. I hope the current hosts aren't feeling put off by the constant Chase/Chris/Ben etc. mourning. Please don't feel like you're not good enough, hosts. If anything, the way things are now is better.

Just my two cents. :)

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:07 am
podcast fanatics ☺

For me, talkin' about Chase is far from being gripey about the good ol' days with the good ol' hosts... and just as far from suggesting lack of appreciation for the current, very awesome hosts. I think we're just being a little nostalgic. I totally see and accept that the present is the golden age of APOIAF as Amin as said somewhere. I think APOIAF has come a long way and I couldn't be happier for my favorite podcast ever. But you know, I think it's fair to say that anybody who listens to most of the episodes have built up some weird relationship with some of the hosts, even if it only exists in their heads... We know a little about each of them, what they like, what kind of reactions they gravitate toward... And I don't think there is anything wrong with missing that... I'm not saying the show is poorer for the lack of sweatpants-induced nerd rage, just sayin' that sometimes I sit there listening to y'all review episodes of GoT or whatever and wonder what Chase is thinking.

Twitter: vaarsuvius_

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:18 am
★wardens of the woody★

jesicka309 wrote:
I don't know. I like the current line up we have - they work well together, and they're all in it for the long haul.

I don't think it's fair to Mimi, Amin, Ashley, and Kyle who are still putting in so much of their time, effort and money to this podcast, to keep going on about the ex-hosts. They've chosen to move on, and that's that. I hope the current hosts aren't feeling put off by the constant Chase/Chris/Ben etc. mourning. Please don't feel like you're not good enough, hosts. If anything, the way things are now is better.

Just my two cents. :)

I agree! You guys are my absolute favorite. Just saying

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:06 am
★wardens of the woody★

I too miss Chase, and think that missing someone is not at all the same thing as complaining about the current hosts.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:06 pm
podcast historian

I'm not missing him. I listened to his last episodes again and his constant bitterness becomes annoying to the point that I was relieved when he did not appear any more. Sorry.

The ex-hosts were great and had awesome moments (especially Nancy, Ash2 and Chase), but they are history...

Amin, Mimi, Ashley and Kyle are the best to the point that I could not imagine a 'cast without them.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
house payne

brynden wrote:
Amin, Mimi, Ashley and Kyle are the best to the point that I could not imagine a 'cast without them.

I take your meaning, and I agree that they are all great, but it sounds like you need to work on your imagination. I can imagine a cast consisting of Peter Dinklage, Daario Naharis, Mister Spock, and Cleopatra, and can also imagine a cast made up of George RR Martin, Mahatma Ghandhi, Genghis Khan, and Kristen Wiig, I can even envision a cast composed of Baby Jesus, Beyonce, Helen Keller, Rush Limbaugh, Edgar Allen Poe, Cthulhu, Daniel Boone, and Manti Te'o's girlfriend. These casts may not necessarily be "better" but you can definitely expand your imaginary horizons my friend. ;)

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:05 pm
★wardens of the woody★

I think the first group would outlast the latter two, but it would be hard to hear Dinklage and Spock over the sounds of Daario and Cleopatra fucking in the background.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:58 pm
for my freckles, your grace

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:36 am
for my freckles, your grace

He did have a good voice.

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:36 am
podcast doctor

brynden wrote:
I'm not missing him. I listened to his last episodes again and his constant bitterness becomes annoying to the point that I was relieved when he did not appear any more. Sorry.

The ex-hosts were great and had awesome moments (especially Nancy, Ash2 and Chase), but they are history...

im with brynden on this....... i rmember walking to the hospital while listening to one of his last episodes and got so irritated with his constant griping that i yelled out loud "God shut up" .......... followed immediately by people giving me strange looks followed immediately by me thinking 'oh fuck i just thought out loud'.

yeah i was not a chase fan. but i did enjoy his joffrey/thehound renditions.

to each his own i suppose

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:09 am
★wardens of the woody★

Mordion wrote:
I think the first group would outlast the latter two, but it would be hard to hear Dinklage and Spock over the sounds of Daario and Cleopatra fucking in the background.

Ha, yeah. That would be fairly distracting.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:45 am
★wardens of the woody★

linecom1 wrote:
brynden wrote:

im with brynden on this....... i rmember walking to the hospital while listening to one of his last episodes and got so irritated with his constant griping that i yelled out loud "God shut up" .......... followed immediately by people giving me strange looks followed immediately by me thinking 'oh fuck i just thought out loud'.

I also did not enjoy Chase on the podcast for similar reasons. I think I miss only Nancy among the departed hosts, her perspective was usually interesting and it was nice to have someone who provides kind of a different perspective to the books. (I always enjoy the Larry appearances for similar reasons.) It'd be nice to have her back at some point.

"These wonderful narrations inspired me with strange feelings. Was man, indeed, at once so powerful, so virtuous and magnificent, yet so vicious and base? He appeared at one time a mere scion of the evil principle, and at another as all that can be conceived of noble and godlike."
—The Monster, from Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:43 am
★wardens of the woody★

witless chum wrote:
linecom1 wrote:
brynden wrote:

I also did not enjoy Chase on the podcast for similar reasons. I think I miss only Nancy among the departed hosts, her perspective was usually interesting and it was nice to have someone who provides kind of a different perspective to the books. (I always enjoy the Larry appearances for similar reasons.) It'd be nice to have her back at some point.

We better have more Larry when the show comes back. He is my favorite!

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:18 pm
podcast historian

I'm not missing Larry. He brought a fresh and new perspective in S1, in S2 he sometimes annoyed me because he seemed to have missed the faith in the show and did the reviews only for his subscribers (and showed that by telling on the podcast taht he does not care as long as the people click his videos because he gets the money) and bitching around about the readers who naturally know more than him... I really enyoed most of the podcast episodes with him - only that quote was somehow,... strange? But it shows me that he might not be a really big fan - and that brings me to my prediction:

I have the feeling that Larry will not watch show any more by summer...

And in addition: The spoiler-free part of the episode is as difficult to listen as it is surely to record for the hosts...

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:34 pm
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

brynden wrote:
I'm not missing Larry. He brought a fresh and new perspective in S1, in S2 he sometimes annoyed me because he seemed to have missed the faith in the show and did the reviews only for his subscribers (and showed that by telling on the podcast taht he does not care as long as the people click his videos because he gets the money) and bitching around about the readers who naturally know more than him... I really enyoed most of the podcast episodes with him - only that quote was somehow,... strange? But it shows me that he might not be a really big fan - and that brings me to my prediction:

And in addition: The spoiler-free part of the episode is as difficult to listen as it is surely to record for the hosts...

I think, though maybe I'm wrong, that he was trying to joke about that. Just saying that all he really cared about was the money, though of course I could be wrong. And I actually really like the spoiler free part, it's interesting to listen to someone who doesn't know anything, it also brings you back to the days before you yourself read the books and knew what was going on. It's fun! Plus it's a unique perspective on the show since he hasn't read the books.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:59 pm
house greyjoy

LordManderBlee wrote:
brynden wrote:

I think, though maybe I'm wrong, that he was trying to joke about that. Just saying that all he really cared about was the money, though of course I could be wrong. And I actually really like the spoiler free part, it's interesting to listen to someone who doesn't know anything, it also brings you back to the days before you yourself read the books and knew what was going on. It's fun! Plus it's a unique perspective on the show since he hasn't read the books.

Awesome! A Larry thread! 8-)

It felt to me as if he was generally less interested in season 2. Which makes sense to me because season 2 wasn't as good. And Ned was dead. In some sense I don't really care if he's just doing it for the money(if that's the case). I still find the perspective he brings incredibly fascinating. For me it's not only that he brings a pair of fresh eyes but also that he comes from an anime/comic book centric background and it sometimes warps how he interprets and predicts things. I think it's fascinating.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:23 pm
house manwoody mongoballer

i would say that i miss chase as well though he seemed very disinterested and was kind of annoying the last couple episodes he was in. he was really good in a lot of the first episodes he was on for. as far as larry goes i was amused by him at first but the spoiler free sections of the podcast are kind of frustratinig to listen to at this point. i enjoy the hbo show and like listening to other fans of the books discuss the show constraint free.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:48 pm
☑ ☑ ☑ guest host: triple gold club™

Totally seconding the relief that Chase is gone. I think one of the only constructive things I remember he brought to the discussion was noting that during the battle of the Green Fork, GRRM included a dwarf with an axe, though not in a conventional way for fantasy.......... (or that could have been someone else).

"At some point you will tell the duck what you are doing next and then realise that that is not in fact what you are actually doing. The duck will sit there serenely, happy in the knowledge that it has helped you on your way."

Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:54 pm
house stark

Chase sorta grew on me but I don't miss him. He would have nitpicked Season 2 to death (and total annoyance).

It came down to these few for a reason. They are the best.

I would not miss Larry at all. Not hatin but I prefer the spoiler filled episodes.

Fantasy Football: A Njoku Needs A Name

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:30 pm
house smallwoody lord

I feel like it came through in the last few recordings that Chase wasn't really into it anymore...I do miss him talking about how much he liked horses though.

Nancy! I forgot Nancy....I DID love her perspectives on things.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:03 pm
♬ podcast bard ♬

I am relistening to old eps (after finally working out how to download them direct, after them all disappearing from itunes for some reason :? ) and I'm enjoying chase's contributions very much. I'm up to ep24 and it will be interesting , having read these comments , to see if I find his complaining more annoying this time around. .....

Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:33 am
house manwoody knight

I liked Chase just because of his nitpicking. In fact, I don't like the episode reviews where it's a circle of jerk and everyone sort of tries to review the show for what it is and not compare it to the books. I could just listen to any other GoT podcast if I would want to hear about the "epicness" of Blackwater (and I don't), but I want to hear Mimi rant about Dany's arc and how badly they handled Halfhand.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:35 am
★wardens of the woody★

walros wrote:
I liked Chase just because of his nitpicking. In fact, I don't like the episode reviews where it's a circle of jerk and everyone sort of tries to review the show for what it is and not compare it to the books. I could just listen to any other GoT podcast if I would want to hear about the "epicness" of Blackwater (and I don't), but I want to hear Mimi rant about Dany's arc and how badly they handled Halfhand.

I know it's the minority preference, but:

THIS

Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:16 pm
house micro-woody lord

i miss Chris the most. That guy was awesome

Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:26 pm
★wardens of the woody★

The Real Chris wrote:
i miss Chris the most. That guy was awesome

Meh, I don't know. That guy was such a racist. ;)

Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:38 pm
house tinywoody lord

Chase was really annoying but I do sort of miss him now that he's gone.

I also enjoyed how open he was about being 49% gay.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:30 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 28 posts ]